Domain registration is the first step to build your brand online. Use your domain to create your website, email.. to promote your business and assist in creating a dynamic online presence. Your domain name establishes your online identity and increases branding, marketing and communication opportunities. It is a good idea to register multiple domains to:
- Let your customers more ways to find your website on the Internet.
- Drive traffic from common misspellings of your domain, instead of sending visitors to your competition websites.
- Protect your brand and online identity from unsavory parties.
- Avoid your competition from registering a domain that draws customers away from you.
- Promote the products and services you offer.
- Drive more traffic to your website.
- Enjoy more opportunities to market to — and be listed on — search engines.
- Create distinct advertising strategies to reach different target markets.
To get started, search for cheap domains to see if the domain name you want is available. If available, register the domain for a period of time you specify during the checkout process.
.COM is the king! If the .com domain name you requested is already registered, you can register available alternatives. For example, you might be able to select a .info or .ws domain extension, rather than .com. Or you could register new generic top level domains (gtlds), country code top level domains (cctlds)
If the domain is available, follow the instructions to complete the checkout process. Be sure to include valid contact information for each contact. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the governing body for domain names, requires valid contact information (registrant, technical, billing, and administrative). If you enter false information, your domain name can be canceled.
Your contact information is public and accessible through the Whois database at most registrars. However, you can protect your privacy by using our private domain domain name registration services. (You also can get free private domain registration)
When you purchase private domain name registration, the Whois database lists the name of our privacy affiliate company, as well as their postal address and phone number — instead of your personal contact information.